Ahmed is an experienced arbitration and litigation practitioner at the firm’s dispute resolution team. Before joining Al Tamimi & Company, Ahmed served as a Public Prosecutor in Egypt, a member at the Egyptian State Council, then moved to the arbitration team of a leading law firm in Cairo. Ahmed actively represents clients in arbitration cases within the firm’s dispute resolution team under numerous arbitration institutions including those of the ICC, the SCAI and the CRCICA. He also acts for clients in parallel court proceedings as well as in enforcement and annulment of arbitral awards. He further advises clients on commercial, criminal and administrative issues related to their businesses. His advice and representation cover a wide array of industries.
Ahmed read law in Egyptian, French and British universities. He holds an LL.M. from UCL and an MA from Jean Moulin Lyon III University. Ahmed is also a visiting lecturer at the French Section of the Faculty of Law at Ain Shams University and the Faculty of Law at the British University in Egypt where he teaches commercial law and introduction to legal studies.
- Acting for a regional telecom claimant in a USD 1.3 billion arbitration involving breach of the terms of an interconnection agreement against one of the world’s largest mobile operator
- Advising a major French telecom operator on the enforcement of a USD 800 million ICC arbitration award related to the acquisition of a local mobile operator
- Acting for a European Group for manufacturing of infrastructure products in an investment dispute concerning a breach of a supply contract before the Ministerial Committee for the Settlement of Investment Contracts’ Disputes
- Advising a Chinese technology giant with relation to a set of arbitration disputes arising out of agency agreements
- Acting for an Egyptian construction company in CRCICA arbitration involving a breach of two construction subcontracts against a German producer of agricultural machinery
2013 – LLM, University College London
2009 – MA, Université Jean Moulin Lyon III
2008 – LLB, Ain Shams University
2009 – Egyptian Bar Association