Ahmed Ibrahim is a Partner and the Head of Equity Capital Markets in the Corporate Commercial practice in Dubai. Ahmed is also a member of the Healthcare group.
Dubbed as the UAE “ECM guru” by the Chambers & Partners with more than 18 years of experience, Ahmed brings a wealth of solid corporate, commercial and ECM experience. Ahmed is also ranked as a Tier 1 leading individual and described by clients as “the first choice when it comes to IPOs” by Legal 500.
Ahmed has experience in equity capital markets, IPO, general corporate / commercial matters (including joint ventures, founding of joint stock companies, limited liability companies, partnerships, limited partnerships, branch offices, and representative offices, corporate restructuring, shareholders arrangements, corporate governance, and acquisitions) He also participate in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating, shareholders agreements, share purchase agreements, and subscription agreements, as well as various commercial agreements including sale of goods, agency, and distribution agreements.
Ahmed was a Group General Counsel of ASEC Group the industrial platform of Citadel Capital Private Equity. Before that, he was a L.Partner in Trowers & Hamlins, Cairo office, and leading the Corporate Commercial Department.
- Advised on four rights issue for Dubai Islamic Bank, Dubai Parks& Resorts, Ajman Bank and Takaful Emarat, being the first trading of rights issue on Dubai financial Market.
- Advised Meeras Holding on the IPO of their hotel and leisure division, A Dubai-based leisure company.
- Advised Amanat Holding PJSC on the IPO on a greenfiled IPO that took place on DFM, with a value of AED 500,000,000;
- Advised on Emaar Malls IPO on DFM for AED 6 billion.
- Advising Marka PJSC on a greenfield IPO that took place on DFM, with a value of AED 500,000,000
2004 – LLM Corporate Commercial, Queen Mary/UCL University of London
1999 – LLB, Queen Mary/UCL University of London