The Doha office is licensed by the QFC and works in association with Adv. Mohammed S. Al Marri Advocates & Legal Consultants, which is licensed by the Ministry of Justice. We have two lawyers within Qatar’s litigation practice who have full rights of audience before the courts of Qatar.
Ahmed El Amoury is an Associate in the Litigation practice in Qatar.
Possessing over 10 years’ experience in disputes, Ahmed has extensive experience in a wide range of matters before the courts of Qatar. He possesses procedural expertise and is well acquainted with litigation procedure in Qatar. Ahmed is experienced in drafting legal notices and petitions, and in working on claims, counterclaims and writing memoranda for submission to the courts at each level.
Since joining the office in 2007, he has advised clients on litigation disputes in relation to construction, commercial agencies, corporate debt recovery, employment issues, settlement agreements, rental disputes and IP matters as well as on enforcement cases filed by local and international entities.
Ahmed also advises on arbitration matters including fraud (freezing, disclosure orders and asset tracing), investigations, joint venture, partnership and shareholder disputes, insurance, regulatory (investigations and disciplinary enforcement), foreign assistance in civil and criminal claims.
- Advising Al Bandary Group, one of the largest Qatari construction companies, in various matters including a construction contract dispute and a tort claim before the courts of Qatar
- Advising Kidde Fire Trainer, an American company specialized in fire protection systems, in a construction dispute related to claims involving a USD 41.4 million contract
- Advising Hamad and Mohamed Al Futtaim Group, in all their contentious matters in Qatar including several arbitration cases.
- Advising Rizzani De Eccher SpA (an Italian construction Company), in all their litigious matters in Qatar
- Advising a Leading international industrial services company, one of the largest companies specialized in supply of construction materials in all their litigations matters in Qatar
- Keppel Seghers Engineering Singapore Pte Ltd in all their litigation matters in Qatar regarding construction disputes.
2006 – LLB French Department, Faculty of Law, Alexandria University
2008 – Egyptian Bar Association