Adam Powell is an experienced corporate lawyer having qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2001. Adam has expertise leading transactions and advising in relation to company and business acquisitions, mergers and divestments; subscription and shareholder agreements, joint venture and general commercial arrangements and corporate insolvency. Adam has particular experience in the natural resources and hydrocarbons sector and acted as company secretary for a resource exploration UK Public Limited Company for three years.
Adam joined Al Tamimi in 2015 prior to which he had previously worked in private practice in the City of London for over 15 years, including as a partner and head of corporate.
- Providing regular advice to RAK Government Authorities and RAK Government owned companies in respect of key commercial contracts for the supply of goods and services.
- Providing advice to the RAK Government in relation to investment and joint venture agreements.
- Undertaking comprehensive due diligence for a RAK Government entity in relation to a restructuring of its assets and corporate merger.
- Undertaking comprehensive due diligence for a RAK Government entity into a significant number of reserved land plots in Ras Al Khaimah in relation to an asset restructuring.
- Advising a private investor in relation to an FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) joint venture and investment into a RAK manufacturing company.
- Advising the Private Office of one of the RAK ruling family in relation a reorganisation of assets, joint venture and investment matter.
- Advising generally in relation to Free Zone and International companies in Ras Al Khaimah, including incorporations, transfer of ownerships and officerships.
LLM (Candidate) in International Law and Natural Resources, Centre of Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy, University of Dundee
1998 – Post Graduate Diploma in Law (PLC), Chester College of Law
1997 – Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Law and Environmental Management, University of Central Lancashire
2015 – Registered legal consultant with the Government of Dubai Legal Affairs Department
2001 – Solicitor in England & Wales