Al Tamimi & Company’s Qatar office hosted the first in a series of ‘Litigation Clinic’ seminars in Doha on 11 April, 2016. The firm was pleased to have many clients and friends of the firm attend the Clinic. A full house attendance of some 80 guests saw experts engaged in discussion regarding the practical application of key Qatari legal principles. Many concerns were addressed throughout the evening by well known construction firms. The seminar was lead by Dispute Resolution Partner Hani Al Naddaf, with additional presentations by: Euan Lloyd (Senior Associate); Hazem Hussein (Senior Associate); Seem Maleh (Associate); and Roy Georgiades (Senior Associate).
- Travel bans and their practical implications
- Performance bonds and advanced payment bonds; legal principles and potential calls
- Can Subcontractors claim payments directly from the employer?
- Termination of construction contracts
- Status Quo/Urgent Cases: A tool for the employer or the contractor?
For more information on upcoming Litigation Clinic seminars, please contact email@example.com.