Al Tamimi Hosts The New Executive Regulations of the Kuwait Capital Market Authority Seminar
On the 29th of March Al Tamimi & Company’s Kuwait office held an informative seminar which addressed the new Capital Markets Authority executive regulations.
The seminar was led by Alex Saleh, Partner & Head of Office for Al Tamimi & Company in Kuwait, Philip Kotsis, Partner at Kuwait office and Ahmed Ibrahim, Partner, Head of Equity Capital Markets at the Dubai office.
Alex Saleh presented a detailed discussion on the Capital Markets Authority regime; Dealing in Securities highlighting the below mentioned points:
- Chapter 5 – Issuance & Offering of Securities
- Chapter 7 – Special Purpose Company
- Chapter 8 – Trading in Securities
- Chapter 9 – Pledging Securities
- Chapter 11 – Rules on Sukuk
- Chapter 12 – Rules on Bonds
- Chapter 13 – Prferred Shares
- Chapter 14 – Treasury Shares
Philip Kotsis spoke on Book 9 – Mergers & Acquisitions which covers Mandatory/Optional Acquisition Offers. Philip in his segment discussed in detail the merger and the acquisition rules applying to Kuwait Listed companies. Ahmed Ibrahim discussed in detail the types of the viable IPO’s in Kuwait and the detailed process of how to carry out IPO in Kuwait under the new CMA bylaws.