Technology, Media & Telecoms
Technology Transactions and Governance • Outsourcing • Data Protection • E‑Commerce & M-Commerce • Media Regulation and Transactions • Telecommunications Corporate, Commercial & Regulatory Advice
Our TMT team comprises lawyers with a diverse range of specialist skills, experience and backgrounds which allows us to provide a complete regional solution to the legal services requirements of clients operating in the technology, media and telecommunications industries. With our bilingual capabilities, understanding of local law and practice, and regional coverage, we offer clients international skills, experience and quality at a local level. We shape our services to meet the precise needs and budgets of our clients. In many cases we assist our clients by drawing upon the skills and experience of our colleagues in other departments to ensure that a complete legal solution is provided.
Our specialist technology experience includes:
- Technology sale and licensing, purchasing, project management and governance.
- Business process and IT outsourcing.
- Data protection, use, transfer and commercialisation under local laws.
- Consumer-oriented online and mobile technology and services.
- E-business, M-business, M-banking and E-government related transactions and services.
- Intellectual property commercialization and transactions.
Our specialist media experience includes:
- Broadcasting and publishing regulation.
- Digital and traditional content regulation, transactions and commercialisation.
- Digital and traditional advertising and promotions regulation and transactions.
- Content assignment, delivery and licensing.
- Event management and operation infrastructure.
Our specialist telecommunications practice is regional. In collaboration with other departments of the firm, we can addresses all aspects of an organisation's telecommunication requirements, including the following:
- Telecommunication regulations and policy on such matters as operational compliance, licensing, VoIP services, anti-competitive practices, consumer protection, and privacy.
- Commercial transactions, consumer agreements and arrangements on behalf of service providers,equipment manufacturers, apparatus providers, financial institutions and other entities.
- Advising organisations engaged in provisioning telecommunications infrastructure.
- Advising service providers and other organisations engaged in the mobile, internet and satellite sectors.
- Guidance on telecommunications management, converged communications services, networking integration and strategic initiatives and growth strategies.
- Import and export of telecommunications related apparatus support.
- Mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and reorganisations, joint ventures.
@Middle East Technology, Media & Telecommunications Law Group