Insurance providers • Pharmaceuticals • Medical facilities • Private equity firms • Healthcare facilities • Medical research institutes • Medical practitioners
The healthcare industry is set to grow exponentially throughout the GCC over the next few years due to factors such as a rapidly expanding population, higher incidence of lifestyle diseases and deeper insurance penetration. Economic forecasts predict that healthcare expenditure in the GCC will reach $44bn by 2015 and $60bn by 2025.
Our healthcare team comprises partners and associates drawn from all of our relevant specialist practice areas, including corporate commercial, dispute resolution, technology, employment, insurance, intellectual property, property and construction. As such, we provide a comprehensive legal service to all those involved in the healthcare industry.
We have a wealth of experience advising major medical facilities, government entities, insurance providers, private equity firms specialising in healthcare investments, private and public developers of healthcare facilities, medical research institutes and medical practitioners.
Our healthcare practice operates on a regional basis across our offices in the GCC and wider Middle East region.
Our expertise covers a wide-ranging offering of industry specific legal services.
- Our expertise include negotiating and drafting commercial agreements, outsourcing contracts, medical privilege and confidentiality matters, service contracts, joint venture arrangements and research agreements.
- We have extensive experience in drafting and negotiating project/concession agreements, construction contracts, operations and facilities management contracts; advising on dispute avoidance strategies; and assisting with procurement policies, procedures and documentation.
Corporate and Finance
- We advise on incorporation and licensing requirements and process, ownership restrictions, corporate structuring, incorporation and licensing, partnership agreements, development and project finance, equity and capital investment, REITs, fund incorporation and management.
- We are able to represent our clients in all matters of litigation, arbitration, mediation, dispute avoidance and risk management. We also advise medical establishments and physicians in relation to complaints filed by patients before the Dubai Health Authority and Dubai Health Care City (pre-court proceedings).
- Our experience includes advising on recruitment and termination of staff at all levels; service agreements and contracts of employment; employee handbooks and company policies and procedures; and disciplinary, dismissal and grievance procedures.
- We advise clients on policies covering all risks; on structuring options available to allow companies to operate in the regional market; compliance advice; reinsurance to assist foreign insurers in obtaining new business in the region; and on licensing requirements.
- Our experience includes managing trademark portfolios; patent advisory and prosecution; carrying out anti-counterfeiting actions through customs; compliance with Pharmaceutical Advertisement Regulation; and medical device and registration requirements and formalities.
- Our experience extends to all real estate matters, including legal due diligence, sale and acquisition agreements, ground development leases, occupational leases, facilities management and property management agreements and sale and leaseback structures.
Technology, Media & Telecommunications
- We advise in relation to technology licensing, procurement, purchasing, project management and governance; data protection in the context of computer systems and patient information; design, implementation and maintenance of core computer systems; as well as advertising regulatory advice.