On 27 May 2015, the Bahrain office held a very well-attended Rail Workshop at the Capital Club, looking at the key issues and risks around the installation of rail infrastructure in the GCC. The Al Tamimi speakers included:
• Foutoun Hajjar, Head of Bahrain Office,
• Scott Lambert, Regional Head of Construction & Infrastructure,
• Andrea Tithecott, Head of Regulatory,
• Euan Lloyd, Senior Associate, Construction & Infrastructure,
• Alex Saleh, Partner & Head of Kuwait Office,
• Frank Lucente, Partner – Corporate Commercial, Qatar,
The feedback was very positive and the rail practice group is considering holding a similar session in Oman later this year. The GCC's rail industry is undergoing significant growth, with the construction of the GCC rail network well underway. The network will link all six Gulf States, and many lines are set for completion by 2018. Al Tamimi is actively involved in the GCC's rail industry, advising around a number of projects across the region such as Abu Dhabi and Qatar's rail projects. The firm works closely with a range of clients at the forefront of the industry, including domestic and international rail operators, regulatory bodies, infrastructure operators, manufacturers and engineering and technology companies.