Banking & Finance
Significant matters of the Banking & Finance practice include advising:
- Dubai Islamic Bank PJSC on the first REIT to be established in the DIFC.
- Dolphin Energy Limited with respect to the USD 4.1 billion refinancing for the Dolphin pipeline.
- Dubai Islamic Bank on regulatory and commercial issues arising out of its acquisition of a controlling interest in Tamweel PJSC, a major issuer of publicly-trader sukuks and bonds.
- A syndicate of lenders in relation to a USD 634 million syndicated loan provided to Shams Power Company PJSC for the construction of a solar power plant in Abu Dhabi.
- A syndicate of lenders in relation to the financial restructuring of National Central Cooling Company PJSC (Tabreed) resulting in an AED 2.78 billion senior conventional and Islamic syndicated facility.
- On a variety of real estate financing transactions, including Uptown Mirdiff Mall and Al Ghurair Mall.
- On the first Sukuk to be issued in Jordan.
- On the drafting and implementation of a long-term "Mosataha" Agreement (renovate-operate-own-transfer agreement) in relation to a renowned country club in Iraq.
- Two major UK Banks on the proposed convertible bond issue by United Development Company P.S.C., a Qatari listed company.
- Qatar Islamic Bank in connection with a Sukuk bond issue.